Chocolate chip cookies are always good but when you add cheesecake to the middle they are next level! These chocolate chip keto cheesecake cookie bars are easy to make, kid approved, and only 3.2 net carbs each!
You know those people who claim they “aren’t a sweets person”? Yeah, those people are not my people. Ha!
Well, I’m only kind of kidding.
While I do prefer salty to sweet, I’ve never not had a sweet tooth.
Before I started keto, I was o b s e s s e d with Trisha Yearwood’s recipes. You know her, right? The country singer superstar!
I have all of her cookbooks, watched all of her shows, and sing all of her songs. We’re basically besties, she just doesn’t know it.
This recipe for keto chocolate chip cheesecake cookie bars is inspired by one of her recipes! Her cookie bars were always a hit with friends and family so I just knew I needed to tweak it into a keto cheesecake cookie!
These are the BEST Chocolate Chip Keto Cheesecake Cookie Bars
And here’s why:
- Soft keto chocolate chip cookie dough
- Creamy keto cheesecake
- Low net carbs
- Freezer friendly
- Lunch box ready
- Kid approved
- Easy to make
Developing This Recipe
As I mentioned before, I was inspired to make these keto cheesecake cookie bars because of my prior love of a recipe I used to make (before keto). Since I already have a stellar recipe for keto chocolate chip cookies, I knew this sugar free adaptation would be fairly simple!
I needed to adjust my keto cheesecake recipe just a bit in order to create these keto cheesecake cookies. Because we’re not making an entire cheesecake here, we didn’t need a full fledged cheesecake filling.
I also used less chocolate chips in this recipe. With the addition of the cheesecake, I didn’t want to overpower the cookie with too much chocolate. I know, there’s really no such thing as too much chocolate, but in this case, there is. We also save a few carbs when we omit a few sugar free chocolate chips.
Making Your Own Keto Cheesecake Cookies
Following these steps will insure you have a nice layer keto cookie instead of a pan of cookie mess! Although, that would probably taste good also!
- Use an 8×8 square pan: anything larger than this will make the layers too thin.
- Line the pan with parchment paper: doing so will help you lift the bars out of the pan and cut them evenly when they’re cooled. Plus, it’s easy cleanup! I like to crumple up the parchment paper in to a ball before putting it in the pan so that it lays more flat.
- Chill for the full time: as tempting as it is to want to sneak a bite right away, you really need to let these cheesecake cookies chill completely. The cheesecake needs to set before being cut.
- Do not omit the xanthan gum: the addition of the Xanthan Gum helps the cheesecake retain its shape and bite in the cookie bars. Omitting this ingredient will alter the final result of your cookies.
- 1 batch keto chocolate chip cookie dough use only 1/2 bag of chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup granular monkfruit
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare cookie dough as directed in the keto chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- Divide the dough in half. Take one half of the dough and press it down into the bottom of the baking dish. Use your fingers to make sure it is patted evenly into the dish, making its way into each corner.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and monkfruit until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add the xanthan gum and beat for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Spread the cheesecake filling on top of the cookie dough.
- Drop the remaining cookie dough in pieces on top of the cheesecake. Do not worry about getting it in a flat or even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes on the counter or rack.
- Chill for 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator, minimum.
- Store uneaten cookies in an airtight container up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 243 Total Fat: 22.1g Carbohydrates: 4.7g Net Carbohydrates: 3.2g Fiber: 1.5g Protein: 5.5g
Source: Keto in Pearls